Welcome to our hostel
Welcome to Perfect Time to enjoy the atmosphere of the Ciqikou ancient town. We can help you book cost-efficient budget for Three Gorges Cruise, do the application for the entrance permit to Lhasa, and guide you travelling around the "Mountain City"., Big Events:
1) Chongqing Perfect Time Hostel is picked up by 2009 Lonely Planet Publications.
2) Chongqing Perfect Time Hostel was once reported by CCTV 1 and CCTV 9 during Chinese National Day in 2008.
Running almost two years since 2007, we have gained great popularity among guests from home and abroad. We will carry forward whatever we do the best to make our guests feel more comfortable.
Chongqing Perfect Time International Youth Hostel is located in Ciqikou Ancient Town, which still breathes the traditional flair of the Mountain City. It's a nice place to relax, meet people and make friends. We offer western and local foods, as well as a range of soft drinks, teas, coffee, beer and other alcoholic beverages. You can sit in the bar and read books, watch DVDs, play pool table, play chess, play guitar in the bar (all are free). On hot summer days you can sit outside on our balcony, facing the river, enjoying some cool beverages and the atmosphere of Ciqikou.
All rooms are equipped with air-conditioner, and a cable TV except dorms. Most of our rooms are facing the river, and some rooms are also equipped with a balcony.
Ciqikou is strongly recommended by Lonelyplanet because it is the only ancient town located in the downtown of Chongqing, in Shapingba District, dating back to the late Ming Dynasty. The buildings have been restored and preserved for tourists, and the main street is lined with shops and restaurants. Ciqikou is one of the key places of interest in Chongqing.
Chongqing is situated in the upper reaches of the Yangtze River at the confluence of the Yangtze and Jialing Rivers in southwest China. So it is the best place to take the Yangtze River Cruise. It's downstream towards the Three Gorges, more convenient and enjoyable than going upstream. Three Gorges are well-known for their spectacular natural sceneries, attracting many tourists from home and abroad. Our hostel on the basis of ample experience, can help you book correct budget Three Gorges Cruise. We offer one-day, three-day and four-day tours to Three Gorges. For Domestic Cruises the price is from 380RMB to 1556RMB, for Luxury Cruises from 2000RMB to 5000RMB. If you want to know any details, please email us. In addition, we can book train tickets and discounted flight tickets for you.
Since you have a short period of time in China, we help you arrange your trips within Chongqing and tours more far away as following:
* Three Gorges Cruise
* Apply permit for Tibet (processed within 7 days, CQ is a great gate to Tibet)
* Dazu Stone Carvings (recommended by LP, with Buddhist, Taoist and Confucian influences)
* Wǔlóng Tours (one of South China Karst, and World Natural Heritage Values)
* Panda visit in Chongqing Zoo
* Hot Spring Tours (CQ is famous for many hotsprings which can help you relax after a long trip)
* Ancient Town Tours (Ciqikou Ancient Town, Laitan ancient village, recommended by LP)
* Nightly Chongqing Two Rivers Tour
* Chongqing city tours
* And more (you can get more information about these tours at front desk )
For travellers who want to visit Lhasa, we can help you do the application for the entrance permit and nowadays train to Lhasa goes every other day from Chongiqng Train station. In addition,Chongqing is the most convenient way to Guiyang which shows the original ecology of ethnic minority custom. The bus takes you only five hours.
There are also many places of interest nearby the hostel. Other historic and cultural sites and museums can easily be reached by bus. Buses from Ciqikou and Shapingba will take you to most places in downtown. Just tell us where you want to go and we’ll be glad to offer our help.
We provide some services for FREE as following:* DVD
* Luggage storage* 24 Hour Reception
* Wifi and free access to the Internet
* Travel information consultation service
* Games: Chinese chess, Poker, Halma, Gobang
* A large collection of books and magazines, free to read
Other services we provide:
* Book swap
* Towels hire
* Bicycle hire
* Laundry service
* Book train, flight and ship tickets
* Booking rooms in other hostels
* Pickup service from airport, bus and train stations. (by car)
* Retail map of Chongqing, soap, tooth-brush/paste, etc
The specialities here:*Ciqikou Ancient town*
The town located by the riverside of the Jialing River in Shapingba District, taking its name from porcelain (ciqi in Chinese), for this little town produced large quantities of porcelain products and also served as a trading and transfer port in Ming and Qing Dynasties. During the War of Resistance against Japan, a large number of government departments, schools, banks and munitions factories moved here from coastal areas. Some well-known personages in artists and cultural circles such as Xu Beihong, Guo Moruo, Ba Jin and Bingxin also stayed here in that period. Now this "millennium-old town" is a tourist attraction for local customs and folk arts. Many of the old houses and shops in this ancient town are wooden structures of the Ming and Qing style, and the streets are paved with flagstone. You can sit in a tea–house, enjoying a up of tea while listening to ballad singing, story telling, or the singing of Sichuan opera.
Cycling on river road
Riding speed boats acorss the Jialing River
Enjoying the night view along the Jialing River
Visiting Gele Mountain Martyrs Memorial and other historic sites
Climbing Gele Mountain to have a bird's eye view of Shapingba district