Welcome to our hostel
Alvados is located in the centre of Portugal (Porto de Mós), between the three Portuguese UNESCO World Heritage Monuments: Batalha Monastery, Alcobaça Monastery and the Convent of Christ located in Tomar.
Is located about 15 km from the Shrine of Fatima and 26 km from Nazaré.
Inserted in Serra de Aire and Candeeiros Natural Park, we recommend the following touristic information and suggestions for visiting during your stay.
- Alvados Caves and Santo António Caves, (about 2 km from the youth hostel)
- Mira de Aire Caves, the biggest caves in Portugal (about 4 km from the youth hostel)
- Coin Caves – S. Mamede – Fátima (about 16 km from the youth hostel)
- Nature Science Center of Alviela - Carsoscópio (about de 18 km from the youth hostel)
- The Ciba – Battle of Aljubarrota Interpretation Centre (about 16 km from the youth hostel)
- Dinossaur Footprints
- Mountain Bike Centre Batalha – Pia do Urso
- Walk Traks of Natural Parc “Serra de Aire e Candeeiros”
- Walk Traks Wikiloc (5K Carvalhais Aldeia de Alvados, 7K Grutas de Alvados, 7K Alvados Castelejo, 12k Alvados Fórnea, 14K Alvados – Polje Mira de Aire - Minde, 21K Alvados-Fátima)
- Sensory Eco-park Pia do Urso (about 14 km from the youth hostel)
- Aquagruta water park, next to Mira de Aire Caves (about 4 km from the youth hostel)
- Swiming Pool of Porto de Mós
- River Beach Alviela (about de 18 km from the youth hostel)
PORTO DE MÓS CITY
- Porto de Mós Castle (about 7 km from the youth hostel)
- Porto de Mós Museum
- Green Park of Porto de Mós
As you can see, staying only one night is not enough to discover "The Enchanted Valley"!