MembershipHostelling International is a membership organisation, and HI membership gives you much more than a comfy bed! It puts you at the heart of a huge international family, where you can share experiences, travel and friendship with people of all nations.
10 reasons to become an HI member:
- Access to the world’s largest network of safe, clean hostels
- Discounted member prices in many hostels
- Be part of a global community of like-minded travellers
- Discounted trips and activities in many countries
- Concessions on entertainment during your travels
- See the world on a budget
- Reduced price admission to museums and cultural centres at home and overseas
- Savings in retail outlets
- Reductions on a wide range of travel services
- And lots more besides…!
Membership Savings ProgrammeYour National Association or Hostelling International (HI) Membership card not only opens the door to the world’s largest network of safe, clean and welcoming hostels, but in many HI hostels, being a member now gives you at least a 10% saving on the cost of your accommodation - just one of the great reasons to become a member! In some countries membership is compulsory if you wish to stay in HI hostels listed on this site. To find out what is applicable in the country you wish to visit, please check the Membership Savings Programme Apart from cheaper accommodation in many of our 4,000 hostels worldwide, membership also gives you access to thousands of travel-related savings at home and abroad. Please check locally with your HI hostel on arrival for details of these great benefits which can include; reduced-price admission to attractions and museums, discounts on meals, transportation and lots more. Whatever your budget, membership helps you to explore and “Say HI to the world”… backpack across Europe, discover Down Under, dance to Latin rhythms, chill out on an idyllic Asian beach or simply 'Discover the real hostel experience' in one of our unique hostels worldwide.
How to become a member:
- Purchase a membership from your nearest HI Youth Hostel Association office or membership selling outlet before you start your journey.
- Purchase an international membership when you arrive at an HI hostel outside your country of residence. To check the price and availability of membership on arrival, please contact the hostel direct.
- Alternatively, you can purchase a 12 month eMembership during the booking process with your hostel stay. The eMembership entitles you to stay in any HI hostel and receive at least 10% discount on accommodation charges compared to a non-member.
Your home country:
Hostelling International - ArgentinaFlorida 835 PB
C. Aut. de Buenos Aires (1005)
Tel.: (54) 11 4511-8723
www.hostelsofargentina.com (English); www.hostels.org.ar (Español)
Check out the Membership FAQs for answers to frequently asked questions about:
- Membership - where to buy it and how much it costs
- What to do if you lose your membership card
- How to renew your HI membership
- Member benefits and savings